DATE: Friday 25th February 2022
TIME: 10:00am to 11:30am (Sydney Time)
COST: $110.00 (incl. GST)
Dr. Eve Goldstein and Danielle Matthew, LMFT, two experts in adolescent mental health, guide educators and clinicians toward a successful recovery post the onset of COVID-19. This presentation provides its audience with a sense of direction and knowledge to help adolescents with COVID-19 trauma. Presentation topics will include: Adolescent Development, Post-Traumatic Growth, Social-Emotional Learning, Launching Into Adulthood, Easily Implementable Tools
Through providing researched models of development and intervention, Dr Goldstein and Ms Matthew are utilizing SEL skills as protective factors for childhood development and post-traumatic growth.
1. Understanding adolescent development and the way it has been impacted due to Covid Stressors
2. Theoretical knowledge about SEL as a support mechanism for Post-Traumatic Growth
3. Practical Application of SEL tools for clinical and classroom support
At the end of this course participants will understand:
- Erikson's stages of adolescents Identity vs. Role Confusion and Intimacy vs. Isolation
- The 3 main types of responses to trauma: Intrusive thoughts, avoidance/withdrawal, and physical/hyperarousal
- Concept of Post Traumatic Growth
- The 5 areas of SEL and practical tools to use in the classroom or clinic for each area
- Definition of launching and how SEL concepts can be used to support launching
PRESENTERS: Dr Eve Goldstein, Psy.D. and Danielle Matthew, LMFT
Eve Loren Goldstein, Psy.D. is a licensed psychologist and learning disabilities specialist who has devoted more than 25 years helping children and adolescents develop the skills necessary to feel comfortable and confident across home, school, and social settings. Dr. Goldstein is a speaker, clinician, teacher trainer, mental health advocate, and works bi-coastally as the director of Westchester Child Therapy in Scarsdale, NY, and Calabasas Child and Adolescent Psychology in Calabasas, CA.
Danielle Matthew, LMFT is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, founder of The Empowerment Space, and the author of The Empowered Child. For over 25 years, she has helped adolescents and teens who are struggling due to issues such as bullying, anxiety, severe stress, low self-esteem, and depression.
After registration and payment, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.